Acta Montanistica Slovaca is an international scientific journal published jointly by the Union of Metallurgy, Mining Industry and Geology of Slovak Republic, the Slovak Mining Society, the Faculty of Mining, Ecology, Process Control and Geotechnologies (FBERG) of the Technical University of Kosice (Slovakia), and the Faculty of Mining and Geology (HGF) of the VSB Technical University of Ostrava (Czech Republic).
Scope of the journal
Acta Montanistica Slovaca publishes high quality articles on basic and applied research in such fields:
- geology and geological survey
- earth resources
- underground engineering and geotechnics
- mining mechanization, mining transport, deep hole drilling
- mining transport, deep hole drilling
- ecotechnology and mineralurgy
- process control, automation and applied informatics in raw materials extraction, utilization and processing
- other similar fields.
Acta Montanistica Slovaca is the only scientific journal of this kind in Central, Eastern and South Eastern Europe.
Founded in 1996, Acta Montanistica Slovaca is published quarterly, four issues each year. Starting from 2004 it is freely available on-line, including all issues since 1996. Starting with January 2009, the official language of the journal is English. In special issues on local Central European topics articles in Czech and Slovak may appear.